Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's Been 10 Years ...

They say that time heals all wounds. There is truth to that; however, there are some wounds which take longer to heal than others.

I was reminded of this earlier this afternoon when I shared a story about my father to my writing group. This story was a Christmas memory from many years ago. Following our Christmas dinner, Dad began a game of catch with my nephew's basketball. Dad's participation amazed me as, at the time, he had advanced Alzheimer's disease and had forgotten much of his previous life (including his own family). Despite this, he clearly remembered what fun you could have with a ball.

I managed to read the majority of my story without incident; however, I struggled at one point to fight back tears. While our familial game of Christmas catch happened 11 years ago, and Dad's death occurred 10 years ago, I still have regrets over the loss. Dad was always private - I know precious little about his own childhood and upbringing simply because Dad never talked about it. I also know very little about Dad's beliefs and values. While I have lost Dad, I feel that I have also lost the opportunity to truly know him and feel intense regret.

All of this is getting easier to accept; however, I believe that one never truly forgets. Acceptance does get easier over time; however, the connection remains. Remembering a person results in honouring that person. It's been 10 years since I lost my father ... I can't see myself forgetting that soon (nor do I want to forget ...).

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rick! I have a quick question that relates to your experience caregiving and couldn't find any contact info on your site. When you have a moment, please email me at mtrucillo(at)recallcenter(dot)com. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my name is Melissa trip-ti i am here to give a living testimony of how i got back my husband, we got married for more than 9 years and have gotten two kids. thing were going well with us and we are always happy. until one day my husband started to behave in a way i could not understand, i was very confused by the way he treat me and the kids. later that month he did not come home again and he called me that he want a divorce, i asked him what have i done wrong to deserve this from him, all he was saying is that he want a divorce that he hate me and do not want to see me again in his life, i was mad and also frustrated do not know what to do,i was sick for more than 2 weeks because of the divorce. i love him so much he was everything to me without him my life is incomplete. i told my sister and she told me to contact a spell caster, i never believe in all this spell casting of a thing. i just want to try if something will come out of it. i contacted jato for the return of my husband to me, he told me that my husband have been taken by another woman, that she cast a spell on him that is why he hate me and also want us to divorce. then he told me that they have to cast a spell on him that will make him return to me and the kids, they casted the spell and after 1 week my husband called me and he told me that i should forgive him, he started to apologize on phone and said that he still love me that he did not know what happen to him that he left me. it was the spell that he jato casted on him that make him comeback to me today,me and my family are now happy again today. thank you jato for what you have done for me i would have been nothing today if not for your great spell. i want you my friends who are passing through all this kind of love problem of getting back their husband, wife, lotto spell, lottery spell,soccer bet spell , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend kindly CONTACT him @ jatosolution@hotmail.com or called or WHATSAPP him on his mobile number +2347037599478 and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all my viewers My name is Samantha from USA! I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the lottery euro million mega jackpot.I am a woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery.finally my dreams came through when I email Dr clement and tell him I need the lottery numbers.I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win.But I never know that winning of the lotto was not easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great lottery spell caster,so I decide to give it a try.I contacted him and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers.But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners.I win 160,000 thousand usd dollar with the power of dr clement truly you are the best,with the great Dr you can win of money through lottery I am so very happy to meet the great dr clement,I will be forever be grateful to you dr clement in case you need your own winning lottery numbers you can contract him drakugbespellhome1@gmail.com or call him for your own help to win your own via +254704881207.post by Samantha From Arizona city (USA)thanks for your reading.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails